- Develop and maintain knowledge of all state, federal and customer regulatory requirements across all product categories and ensure products are in compliance.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current food labeling regulations, regulatory activity and trends.
- Attend webinars and conferences as necessary to stay up-to-date. Complete industry training sessions as needed to stay current in regulatory knowledge.
- Participate in validating new products, customer evaluations of existing products and application support.
- Assist in the design and lead the execution of field trials for the R&D team.
- Review formulas for standard of identity compliance.
- Review and consult on food labels, packaging and other forms of label copy and artwork to ensure regulatory compliance to federal regulations and policies. Provide a written report/assessment of deficiencies and compliance results. Regulations include FDA, USDA and Health Canada CFIA.
- As necessary, communicate cross functionally regarding current and emerging food regulation.
- Analyze product complaints and make recommendations accordingly.
- Monitor and maintain physical and electronic document archive.
B.S. degree in Food Science/Technology preferably with strong Microbiology knowledge or related degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Preferred – 1-3 years of experience working in an academic or industrial laboratory setting.
- Preferred – 1-2 years of experience in FDA/USDA regulated environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and quick learner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and effective research and report writing skills.
- Computer proficiency: MS Office, other related software, and email.
- Ability to work independently and with teams; effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, balance priorities and be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated technical learning ability, troubleshooting skills.
Familiarity with manufacturing and quality aspects of dairy and beverage industry.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed