1. Operates semi-truck with trailer, according to state laws. Transports load over required route to proper destination, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Obtain shipping bills of lading and necessary signatures and returns completed paper work to shipping office. Maintains any related records required.
- Performs miscellaneous service duties such as checking, on a daily basis, oil, water, gasoline, and air in tires. Reports any maintenance malfunctions to Shipping Supervisor.
May use hand truck to rearrange loads in shipping department area.
- May sweep out truck body on off-shifts
- May switch empty/full trailers in shipping yard on off-shifts for optimum loading patterns on the following day.
- Operate tri axle dump truck.